Hugh Willis was called to the Alberta bar in 2005. He is a graduate of the University of Alberta Faculty of Law, class of 2004. In 2000, Hugh completed his undergraduate degree in the Applied Energy Program at the University of Calgary Department of Economics, where he graduated with Dean’s List standing.
In addition to his ability to communicate complex legal issues in plain language, Hugh prides himself on providing his clients efficient and practical legal advice.
Hugh is actively involved in the legal community and participates with the Canadian Bar Association and Edmonton Community Legal Center. He regularly presents or chairs seminars on legal topics in and around the capital region for such organizations as the Canadian Bar Association, Legal Education Society of Alberta, Edmonton Community Legal Center, Catholic Social Services, and the Canadian Condominium Institute (North Alberta Chapter) among others. He frequently presents in house seminars to clients when requested or when there are major developments in a related area of law.
Hugh has also appeared before the Alberta Court of Appeal, the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Immigration and Refugee Board and the Immigration Appeal Division.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Past Co-Chair, Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Canadian Bar Association Alberta Law Conference Organizing Committee
- Past Executive Member CBA Privacy Subsection for Northern Alberta
- Secretary for the CBA Immigration Subsection for Northern Alberta
- Immigration Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Center
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Provincial Court of Alberta
- For a full list of Hugh’s presentations and publications, click here
Contact Hugh Willis at (780) 809-1888 or email@example.com