Ron obtained his undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1996 before moving to Alberta in 1997 to study law at the University of Alberta. Ron is a seasoned and accomplished labour and employment litigator and business advisor with almost 20 years of experience providing and implementing practical litigation and
business strategy based on sound legal advice.
Prior to joining Willis Law, Ron was a Partner at a large regional law firm where he chaired the employment practice group for 12 years and he also practiced at a boutique labour and employment firm. Ron has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta as well as the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, the Alberta Human Rights Tribunal, the Alberta Labour Relations Board, Canada Labour Code Adjudicators and various Arbitrators.
First and foremost Ron prides himself on being a strong and tenacious advocate for his clients. Ron acts for both employers and employees and therefore has a clear and balanced understanding of employment relationships. Ron uses this experience to bridge gaps and to find creative solutions to any employment dispute.
Memberships & Volunteering
- Law Society of Alberta – member (2001-present)
- Canadian Bar Association – section member: Labour and Employment (2000 – present)
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (2018 – Present)
- University of Alberta Guest Lecturer – Techniques in Negotiation (2005 – 2008).
- Canadian Bar Association, Presenter – Labour and Employment sections
- Pro bono legal services for various non-profit organizations.
- Plenary Session Panel Speaker at Lancaster House Annual Labour Arbitration Conference (2020).