Natasha Sutherland practices in the area of Insolvency, Receiverships, Bankruptcy, Condominium Law and Commercial Litigation. She acts for Bankruptcy Trustees, Receivers, Creditors, Debtors and Condominium Corporations in a wide variety of collection and insolvency matters.
In her Commercial Litigation practice Natasha specializes in the resolution of contractual disputes, foreclosures, collections, judgment enforcement and secured transactions under the Personal Property Security Act. She has gained valuable experience resolving collection issues relating to condominium fee arrears and has acted for owners, creditors and receiver’s in relation to insolvent condominium developers.
Natasha received both a BA in Political Science and a BA in International Relations in 2006 from the University of Calgary. She received her LLB in 2009 from the University of Alberta and was called to the Alberta Bar in 2010.
Natasha has appeared before the Court of Appeal, the Court of Queens Bench, the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Federal Court of Canada.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Creditor and Debtor Law, Litigation)
- Member, Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Past Executive Member for the Canadian Bar Association Creditor and Debtor Law section
- Preparation of the Insolvency Case Law Review for the Canadian Bar Association Creditor and Debtor Law section 2011-2015
Publications and Presentations
- Presentation of the 2013 Insolvency Caselaw Year in Review at the 2014 CAIRP Conference
- Presentation of the Personal Bankruptcy Case Comment at the 2013 BDO One Conference
Contact Natasha Sutherland at (780) 809-1888 or email@example.com