Willis Law seeks a Junior Legal Assistant to fill a position in
our south Edmonton law firm.
Willis Law is a growing boutique law firm concentrating on condominium and employment law. We pride ourselves in working hard for our clients while still maintaining a work-life balance for our employees. We offer a positive, team-oriented work environment with opportunities for growth and learning.
We are looking for a professional individual to fill a position with our team in a fast-paced, fun environment.
This role requires an individual to provide litigation administrative support to lawyers. This is a full-time position (hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- General administrative duties including scheduling client meetings and questionings, communicating with clients, the courts and opposing counsel, photocopying and filing;
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence and other legal documents;
- Transcribing dictation;
- Preparing and sending statements of account;
- Working closely with others to maintain and organize workflow;
- Conducting online searches;
- Attending to registration or filing of documents at land titles (including liens and caveats) and the courts, etc.;
- Organizing and managing files in both paper and electronic format; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two to three years of prior experience at a law firm
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Solid computer and typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail, with an emphasis on accuracy and tidiness
- Professionalism when interacting with clients in person and by telephone and email
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement and take initiative
- Ability to work within tight timelines while maintaining a sense of humour
- Excellent work ethic
If you wish to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please feel free to contact our office at 780-809-1888 if you have any questions about the position. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2020.